Here at Burley Cleaning we would like to give back a little in our fantastic community.
That's why we're offering a 10% discount to members of the military and VIHA employees.
Just let us know that you qualify for the discount when you book your cleaning appointment at 778-430-0303.
How clean is your trash can? You know, that one under the sink? You probably line it with a bag, but how often do you clean the inside of the can? Seriously, it gets nasty in there. Give us a call at 778-430-0303 and we'll come take care of that and all of your other cleaning jobs.
We hope you have at least some time off this weekend to enjoy the weather with family and friends!
Summer holidays are just around the corner...when you're on the road and stop at a motel keep this little list in mind - and maybe some wipes in your bag!
- The pillowcases: It's a no-brainer that sheets need to be changed between one guest and the next. Thankfully, this seems to happen most of the time. Pillowcases are another story. When the Today show completed a hotel investigation across the country in five of the nation's top hotel chains like Holiday Inn and The Crowne Plaza, their hidden cameras revealed a common bed-changing practice among maids: placing the pillows on the chair next to the bed while changing the sheets, and then giving the dirty pillows a mere fluff before putting them back. There might not be visible stains, but a surface that's touched by people's hair and faces needs to be washed. BYOP is the new BYOB.
- The TV remote: We don't usually incorporate the remotes in our homes into our daily cleaning routines, and it doesn't seem that people cleaning hotel rooms do either. A microbiologist took swabs from various items in hotel rooms and found that the remotes in each room ranked the highest on the germ meter and analyzed the results in a lab, where she found "colonies of E. Coli," among other potentially dangerous contaminates. She noted, "This indicates there was fecal contamination on the remote, so perhaps someone used the restroom and didn't wash their hands when they were done." Lesson learned: always disinfect remotes before you touch them, just in case.
- The comforter: If you've always felt weird about cozying up with the top-layer comforter on your hotel bed, you're not alone. The comforters tie the rooms together and make them look nice, but they're not cleaned in between each use . . . or barely at all. A CNN investigation found that bedspreads "might only be changed four times a year." Bringing an extra blanket if you can is always a good idea so that you can remove the comforter.
- The glasses and mugs: Proceed with caution before you drink out of a glass or mug in the room. Investigation after investigation has found that many times, maids quickly rinse out used glasses without washing them, or worse, spray them with a cleaning liquid that says "do not drink." Luckily, most hotel rooms now offer those individual cups wrapped in plastic, so always use those if you can.
- The phone: Want some room service? You'll want to clean the phone with disinfecting wipes or spray first. In nearly all the hotels part of the Today show's investigation last year, the phones were high on the list of the most germ-filled items — sometimes they were three times the limit. Like remotes, phone surfaces are often overlooked during cleaning routines, but they're some of the most-touched spots in hotels. The takeaway: you can never be too cautious when it comes to hotel germs!
Read the whole article at Pop Sugar.
At Burley Cleaning we wanted to do something to help honour all of our mothers. Teaming up with Decorate Victoria, we've put together a package that we think will really impress both you and your mom.
Purchase a 2, 3, or 4 hour clean for mom and we'll deliver a beautiful certificate along with a lovely flower arrangement from Decorate Victoria.
- With a 2 hour clean mom will receive a $30 flower arrangement.
- With a 3 hour clean mom will receive a $40 flower arrangement.
- With a 4 hour clean mom will receive a $50 flower arrangement.
Mother's Day is on Sunday May 8. We'll be delivering cleaning certificates and flower arrangements on May 6, 7, and 8. So get your order in early!
Just call us at 778-430-0303 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everyone who buys a clean for mom will be entered into a draw to have their own house cleaned for free! Get up to a 3 hour (2 person team) clean with our compliments just for being good to your mom!